[r-t] Rotations, New Grandsire etc.

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Thu Oct 16 19:54:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Robert Bennett <rbennett at woosh.co.nz> wrote:
> (c) New Grandsire allows for a tricky start:
>
>         "Single, Go New Grandsire".
>
>         The bob part of the single happens at once, but the single itself 5
> minutes later.

Ooh. That's an interesting point. As far as the CCCBR decisions are
concerned it would appear that singles in New Grandsire officially are
not quite as we think they are. Rather, they are "actually" two
different calls that always appear together, in two adjacent leads
(where I'm using "adjacent" in the Mark Davies sense, that the first
and last leads of a touch are adjacent).

Either that, or the leadend is not at the treble's full lead.

Yet another example of the current rules not quite corresponding to practice.

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>
         -- Albert Einstein, letter to Jost Winteler (1901)