[r-t] All runs in a quarter, proper version!

Philip Earis pje24 at cantab.net
Fri Jan 30 12:22:28 UTC 2015

Ander:
"After considerable effort I believe I have a good solution..."

The professor is on fire! Great result. I look forward to tossing it off
with my local band pre-pub soon.

Two thoughts spring to mind:

- Did you try experimenting with a perfect 8-part structure?  Or stick from
the outset to this (7 forward-run blocks : Rotate Block : 7 reverse-run
blocks) structure?

- I wonder if with the same vague architecture you can use a simple(r)
method to do more of the "heavy lifting" of (varied) run generation?  I'm
thinking of something like the rotationally-symmetric Anglia Cyclic
(+x1x2367x1x7x5x36x4x2). The quarter peals we rang of this incorporated
multiple courses of forward and reverse runs, with a turning-course block to
reverse between the two.  I realise this likely lends itself to excluding
the treble from the runs, unlike your fine effort.