[r-t] CC Methods Committee Consultation

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Mon Mar 9 13:02:17 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 4:02 AM, Simon Humphrey <sh53246 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Roddy Horton:
>> What an excellent response.
>>
>> If Don were prepared to send this to the RW as a respone to the MC's
>> request for responses I would be happy to add my name to it and I hope
>> others would too.
>
> Thoroughly agree. I'd like to add my name in support too, if that's
> ok with Don.

Thank you both for the kind words.

I think it may not be appropriate to send this to the RW right now.
While in no way a private response, it was constructed specifically as
a reply to the Methods Committee, at their request. I think before
raising issues in the RW it might be polite to wait a while and see
what they do with the replies they receive. Based on what they've
written it would appear they will have something to say by March 21.
While none of the three of us are currently members of the
Administrative Committee, nor even of the Council, I suspect we will
learn something of what is reported to the Administrative Committee
that day: while its deliberations are not carried out in public, they
are, to the best of my knowledge, not considered confidential. Perhaps
it would be best to wait until then, and decide what, if anything, is
appropriate to raise in a letter to the RW. That, of course, is just
my opinion, and others may have a different sense of the best way
forward; but I do not intend, at this time, to send that document to
the RW.

On the other hand, I strongly encourage folks to make their opinions
known to the Methods Committee <methods at cccbr.org.uk>. There is no
reason you couldn't cite my response in your own message to them
saying you agree with what I've written, if that is what you choose.
Alternatively you could write something separate that expresses your
own views in your own language. For convenience in finding it again,
here's a URL to the consultation paper the committee distributed:

http://www.cccbr.org.uk/methods/cccbr-decision-consultation-0-3.pdf

Currently, it can also be easily found via a link from the top page of
Bellboard.

And again, I encourage everyone with an interest to write to the
Methods Committee, soon, with whatever your own opinions are.

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>
"[I] am rarely happier than when spending an entire day