[r-t] Method name

Don Morrison dfm at ringing.org
Fri Jan 22 04:02:27 UTC 2016

There's a caters method that might be included in a peal we're attempting
in about a month. It's

9.1.9.149,129

I, and I suspect many other ringers, would be quite happy to call it
"Little Bob Caters", but the Central Council clearly disagrees. Not only
can it not be Little Bob, to pass CC muster it must have a name like
<Something> Differential Little Bob Caters.

However, it's not clear to me how the decision on extension applies to
things differential-ish (leaving aside that many ringers object to viewing
short course methods like this as "differential"--it's clear the CC does so
view them).

Can this caters method be named "Baldrick Differential Little Bob Caters"?

*Must* it be named "Baldrick", or could some other name be used?

If it needn't be named "Baldrick", could it have an empty name component
(as Little Bob at even stages does), and thus its title would be simply
"Differential Little Bob Caters"?

--
Don Morrison <dfm at ringing.org>
"Although Panizzi still had a price on his head, he was now long