[r-t] delta based transposition for blue line generation

Mark Davies mark at snowtiger.net
Sat Jun 11 21:08:08 UTC 2016

Alan writes,

> Yes you could, but I think that probably just moves the special case
> into CCBRToPlace, which I use elsewhere as well.

Correct, but I think it's neater to deal with it there. It just needs to
be a map from Char -> Option[Int]; a constant val better than a function
in fact.

> The other issue is that
> it only really copes with the PN that's used on methods.ringing.org
> and could do with extending to cope with other variants as well.

I don't think you're far off that. The only thing you're obviously
missing is the use of "x" for cross change, but that can easily be fixed
in the CCBRToPlace map (if you collapse the special cases into there).
Of course to deal with "full" place notations for symmetric leads you'll
need some extra gubbins for the common & notation and other forms, but
that to my mind sits outside of this bit of code.

MBD

---