[r-t] Practical Extension

Alan Barber delibaba at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 12:15:40 UTC 2018

Hi All,

St Nicholas Bob Triples appears on p52 of this year's diary.

Can any of you give two reasons why it should not have this name, and
one reason why it can?

Best wishes
Robin

Along with most people I'm totally confused about method extensions.

If St Nicholas Bob Triples is meant to be an extension of the Doubles here are my thoughts.

Where does the dodge at the lead head come from?  The Doubles has the same lead head

as Plain.  The Triples does not.  To my simple mind the extension would make more sense

if the first row was 34567.

Can anyone explain to me why Xcalax Surprise Major and Xanthi Surprise Royal are not

one and the same method?

Finally the conductor of the first peal of Yelling Delight Major is bemused to see its

extension being debated!!

Ali B