National Bells Register

keltektrust bells at k...
Wed Mar 27 07:19:07 GMT 2002

This message I sent Tuesday also seems to have got lost:

The National Bells Register has not been dropped (yet). The Central
Council Redundant Bells Committee is investigating a pilot scheme;
the suggestions were put forward by John Baldwin and Jane Wilkinson
and seemed to have the approval of all the members except for myself.
My personal opinion is that the idea is reasonable but it shouldn't
be undertaken by the RBC. I also believe that such work is of
importance to warrant a grant from charitable or national bodies.
Anyway for this and other reasons I have decided to stand down from
the RBC so I do not know the current state of the pilot proposal. I
suggest interested people contact John Baldwin to get more
information.

Dave