National Bells Register

David & Mary Kelly bells at k...
Tue Mar 26 07:19:50 GMT 2002

charset="Windows-1252"

The National Bells Register has not been dropped (yet). The Central Council=
Redundant Bells Committee is investigating a pilot scheme; the suggestions=
were put forward by John Baldwin and Jane Wilkinson and seemed to have the=
approval of all the members except for myself. My personal opinion is that=
the idea is reasonable but it shouldn't be undertaken by the RBC. I also b=
elieve that such work is of importance to warrant a grant from charitable o=
r national bodies. Anyway for this and other reasons I have decided to stan=
d down from the RBC so I do not know the current state of the pilot proposa=
l. I suggest interested people contact John Baldwin to get more information=
.

Dave

---