[Bell Historians] Nynehead, Somerset

David Bryant davidbryant at h...
Wed Jan 26 22:12:26 GMT 2005

charset="iso-8859-1"

I've found me Nynehead photos! To be honest, the photos are pretty terrible=
but as Andrew said it is the 3th and 4th of 5 (4 & 5 of six) which have th=
e iron stocks, logically numbered 3 and 4. Still doesn't explain why these =
two bells have iron stocks but not the others (apart from the more recent t=
reble). The timber stocks on the other three have plate gudgeons, and from =
what the photos show I concur with Chris Dalton that the whole job is proba=
bly coeval and most probably by Doble (although I wouldn't swear to that).