[Bell Historians] Ringing books for sale

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Tue Nov 8 13:36:07 GMT 2022

I've recently reorganised my library of ringing books and have found I
have a few duplicates which I'd be happy to sell.  Full list below.
Unless otherwise stated they're in very good condition.

Please email *off list* with an offer if you're interested in any of
them or have any questions.  I'm not going to do first come first served
as I'm not sure what a fair value is for some of them, but I'll make a
decision within a week or so.  Happy to post them.

F Sharpe, 'Church Bells of Berkshire', 1970 (Kingsmead reprint).  Some
fading an discolouration of dust jacket.

M Bliss & F Sharpe, 'Church Bells of Gloucestershire', 1986.

F Sharpe, 'Church Bells of Herefordshire' (vols 2-5 of 5 only), 1969-75.

F H Cheetham, 'Church Bells of Lancashire', 2012 (Ellis reprint).
Boxed, with packet of inscriptions.

H B Walters, 'Church Bells of Shropshire', 2012 (Ellis reprint).

D J Bryant, 'The Bells of York', 2011.

R Johnson, G Allsopp, J Baldwin & H Turner, 'An Atlas of Bells', 1990.

C Dalton & R Jones 'Exploring England's Belfries: A Pictorial Essay', 2019.

J Scott, F Mack & J Clarke, 'Towers and Bells of Devon' (2 vols), 2007.

C Dalton, 'Bells and Belfries of Dorset' (3 vols), 2000.

P Cattermole, 'Church Bells and Bell Ringing: A Norfolk Profile', 1990.
Hardback version.  Small discolourations to dust jacket.

M P Cubitt, 'The Bells Told: the Story of the Ringers and Ringing at St
Peter Mancroft, Norwich', 2014.

G A Dawson, 'Church Bells of Nottinghamshire' (vols 1-3 of 4 only), 1994-5.

G A Dawson, 'Church Bells of Yorkshire, Diocese of York, Part 1: The
East Riding', 2009.  Slight crease to cover.

P Price, 'Bells and Man', 1983.  Ex library copy.

C J Pickford, 'Bellframes', 2013 reprint.  Slight fading to cover.

G P Elphick, 'The Craft of the Bellfounder', 1988.  Protective film over
cover.

M Lee, 'Henry Penn: Bell Founder', n.d. [1989?].  This is the smaller,
green and yellow edition.

C Wratten & J Eisel, 'Order and Disorder in the Eighteenth Century', 2010.

R Johnson, 'Bell-Ringing', 1986.  Hardback.  Small tear to dust jacket.

R H Dove, 'A Bellringer’s Guide to the Church Bells of Britain', 1962
(green 3rd edn).  Ex library copy with wear to cover.

[R Duckworth], 'Tintinnalogia', 1970 (Kingsmead reprint).  Hardback.
Slight fading to spine.

F Stedman, 'Campanalogia', 1990 (C Groome reprint).  Hardback.  Very
slight scuffing to spine.

W Jones, J Reeves, T Blakemore, 'New Campanalogia', 1975 (C Groome
reprint).  Hardback.  Significant fading to spine.

J A Trollope, 'Grandsire', 1948 edn.  Slight damage to spine.

CCCBR, 'Collection of Minor Methods', 1961 edn.  'Elizabeth J Webb'
written on cover, otherwise a clean copy.

E Morris, 'The History and Art of Change Ringing', 1976 (2nd edn).  Ex
library copy.

J Sanderson, 'Change Ringing: The History of an English Art', (vols 1 &
3 of 3 only), 1987-95.  Spine and cover of vol 3 is significantly faded.

W Cook, 'The Society of College Youths: 1637-1987', 1987 (the brown
edition).  Spine faded.

Richard