[Bell Historians] helmingham suffolk

oliver Lee oliverbellringer at outlook.com
Thu Aug 10 22:45:47 BST 2023

I was wondering if anyone might have or details (or plans even) of the old two tier frame at helmingham that existed  prior to the Whitechapel rehang of 2011 ?, apparently it was contemporary with the bells installation in 1816 and was also (so I gather from contemporary accounts) one of the reasons why the bells where unringable between 1969-1973 and 2002-2011. It would also be interesting to know if anything was done to them in 1973 as  there several references in the ringing world to something being done here around this time.
Many thanks
Oliver lee