[Bell Historians] Christchurch cathedral bellframes

oliver Lee oliverbellringer at outlook.com
Tue Jun 13 12:42:11 BST 2023

Recently I have been researching the now earthquake damaged Christchurch cathedral in new Zealand and I am particularly interested to know what sort of frame layouts both the old ten (recast in 1978) and the current twelve had?, I would hazard a guess that the former was probably a 10.6 one but aside from a particularly poor photograph in the ringing world from 1977 I have been able to find anything else about it. I did however manage to see the plan for the new twelve when the cathedral will be rebuilt and I can imagine this is how was previously?
Many thanks
Oliver lee
p.s are there any surviving recordings of the old ten?