[Bell Historians] More ringing books for sale

Richard Smith richard at ex-parrot.com
Sat Jun 17 00:15:05 BST 2023

I'm selling a few more duplicate books from my collection.  Please send
me an email off-list (to richard at ex-parrot.com) if you're interested.
I'm not doing first come, first served, and will try to make a decision
some time next week.  Feel free to ask, either here or privately, if you
have any questions.  All are in good condition.  Happy to post, or you
can collection from Cambridge.

* George Dawson, The Church Bells of Nottingham, 3 vols (1994-95).
   266 + xii pp.
* George Dawson, The Church Bells of Yorkshire: Diocese of York,
   East Riding (2009).  ii + 302pp.
* Ron Johnston, 'Bell-Ringing: The English Art of Change-Ringing'
   (1986).  296pp + 8 plates.
* Michael Uphill, 'Tales from the London County Crypt' (2010). 148pp.
   Signed by author.
* Maureen Cubitt, 'The Bells Told: The Story of Ringers and Ringing
   at St Peter Mancroft, Norwich' (2014).  128pp.
* Christopher Pickford, 'The Steeple, Bells, and Ringers of Coventry
   Cathedral' (1987).  xii + 132pp.  Signed by author.
* Frederick Sharpe, 'The Church Bells of Berkshire' (2nd ed., 1970).
   404pp + 64 plates.
* Ranald Clouston and George Pipe, 'Bells and Bellringing in Suffolk'
   (1980).  64pp.
* Roger Smith and Malcolm Tyler, 'Towards Better Striking' (CCCBR,
   1995, supposedly reprinted 1998, but cover branding newer).  8pp.
* Wilfrid Moreton, 'Teaching from Rounds to Bob Doubles' (CCCBR,
   1986). 20pp.
* John Harrison, 'Raising and Lowering in Peal' (CCCBR, 1990,
   supposedly reprinted 2001, but cover branding newer). 28pp.
* CCCBR, 'A Collection of Compositions in the Popular Major Methods'
   (CCCBR, 1966).  48pp.
* C K Lewis, 'Conducting for Beginners' (CCCBR, 1980).  32pp.
* Jean Sanderson (ed.), 'Change Ringing: The History of an English Art',
   vol 1 (1987).  92pp.
* Jean Sanderson (ed.), 'Change Ringing: The History of an English Art',
   vol 3 (1994). x + 198pp.
* William Cook, 'Westminster Abbey Bells and Ringers' (1984).  32pp.
* Frederick Sharpe, 'The Church Bells of Herefordshire', vols 2-5 of 5
   only (1969-75).  836pp [in all 5 vols].
* Michael Lee, 'Old and New Bells of Peterborough Cathedral' (nd).
   28pp.
* CCCBR, 'Collection of Minor Methods' (4th ed., 1961).  138pp.
   Name 'Elizabeth J Webb' written on cover.
* CCCBR, 'Collection of Peals, Section I, Group I: Odd-Bell
   Treble-Dominated Methods' (1903).  viii + 144pp.

Richard