[BB-API] BB-API Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2

Graham John graham at complib.org
Mon Feb 11 21:49:43 GMT 2019

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 6:05 PM David Simpson via BB-API <
bb-api at lists.ringingworld.co.uk> wrote:

> It is possible. I came across this when I used the bb-api to import peals
> into Campanophile and had to distinguish between new and update
> performances.
> I cannot find the code but I think I used to refetch the peals that I
> already had by their original id and check that the performance still had
> the same id.
> If the performance has been updated you get the new id which I then
> updated my original id with.  BB allocates a new ID every time the
> performance is update and keeps a list of them.
> When you fetch a performance BB always gives you the latest ID.

It seems unnecessarily complicated and inefficient (for both databases) to
have to refetch all performances to check whether any have been amended.
Also I can't see the latest id shown on a performance when doing a Get for
an old id. Which query did you use? Is there a query that gives you the
amendment history of a single performance?

Graham