[Bell Historians] Re: Chimes

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Tue Apr 2 10:21:54 BST 2002

mikechester_uk wrote:

> We collectively need to decide what is the lower limit of bells to be
> in the list - it is currently 5, on the simple basis is that is what
> Ron Dove decided! Do we go lower?

Perhaps we should go down to 4 to stay in line with the rings in the
present edition of Dove.

What would also be a useful project, I think, would be to add details of
method of sounding (ringing, slow swinging, chiming, etc) to CJP's heavy
bells list. Between us, the members of this list can probably provide
most of the necessary information! Do others think it's worthwhile?