[Bell Historians] Norwegian founder

D Cawley dave at d...
Fri Apr 12 22:07:26 BST 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

Yes, Olsen is a superb bellfounder, and there are a great many of his bells=
in the Scandinavian countries. I have a feeling that he has a website whi=
ch can probably be identified through Roger Bailey's resource, or through t=
he GCNA site.=20=20=20=20=20

Worth putting in a commercial here for the British Carillon Society which n=
ow has a new Secretary in Frank Blagrove. We are very anxious to attract n=
ew members, not least those with an interest in chimes and carillons! See=
the entry in this week's comic. =
DLC=20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: David Bryant=20
To: Bell Historians=20
Sent: 12 April 2002 18:07
Subject: [Bell Historians] Norwegian founder

We've had a visit from members of the Nordic carillon school today, and
they brought a CD with a recording of the carillon at Oslo city hall,
cast by a founder named Olsen Nauen. The bass is 1952, the rest 1999.
The bells sound absolutely superb, both bases and trebles. Pictures show
that they are cast without canons and have sharply angled soundbows. The
founders have a website at www.bellfounder.com. I can't read it, but I
can make out roughly what some of it says, and there are pictures.
Interestingly, there are also canon-headed and flange-topped bells
pictured as well as flat-topped ones.

David

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20