[Bell Historians] Temple Church, Bristol and Holy Trinity, Blackburn

Mrthigby at a... Mrthigby at a...
Fri Apr 26 21:46:42 BST 2002

In a message dated 26/04/02 21:19:19 GMT Daylight Time, djb122 at y...
writes:

> Does anyone have details of what remains on the towers of the redundant
> churches of Holy Trinity, Blackburn, and the Temple church, Bristol? The
> rings of 8 have been transferred from both, and I wondered what in the way
> of framework remained in the tower - I believe that the Bristol tower, at
> least, still has its frame - what type is it? I've looked around the ruins
> of the church on several occasions, but the tower has always been securely
> locked, and on the one occasion I wrote to English Heritage (who own it), I
> received no reply.

Temple Church had a Taylors 1880's cast iron A frame with wooden tops and
bottoms - One frameside was removed to allow the removal of the bells and
sits to one side.

I've never been up but have seen loads of photo's. Nick Bowden can get in I
think???
Or he nows a man who can!