[Bell Historians] Re: Temple Church, Bristol and Holy Trinity, Blackburn

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Sat Apr 27 10:28:17 BST 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

Who cast the bell at St Silas before the eight - how big was it?

David
----- Original Message -----=20
From: fartwell2000=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 7:33 AM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Re: Temple Church, Bristol and Holy Trinity, B=
lackburn

--- In bellhistorians at y..., "David Bryant" <djb122 at y...> wrote:
> Does anyone have details of what remains on the towers of the=20
redundant
> churches of Holy Trinity, Blackburn, and the Temple church,=20
Bristol? The
> rings of 8 have been transferred from both, and I wondered what in=20
the way
> of framework remained in the tower - I believe that the Bristol=20
tower, at
> least, still has its frame - what type is it? I've looked around=20
the ruins
> of the church on several occasions, but the tower has always been=20
securely
> locked, and on the one occasion I wrote to English Heritage (who=20
own it), I
> received no reply.
>=20
> David

I was led to believe that a composite frame was installed at Holy=20
Trinity and it was left in place when the bells were transferred to=20
S.Silas,Blackburn(the single bell and cast iron framesides from=20
S.Silas were scrapped about the same time as the Taylor eight(ex Holy=20
Trinity) were installed there-they were hung at S.Silas in 1984 and=20
are in a ten bell frame).
I shall probably be seeing a few of the people involved with the=20
removal of the Holy Trinity bells at the next Branch meeting(4th May)
and will endevour to confirm that the frame is still there.
Alan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20