Temple Church, Bristol and Holy Trinity, Blackburn

fartwell2000 fartwell2000 at y...
Sat Apr 27 07:33:46 BST 2002

--- In bellhistorians at y..., "David Bryant" <djb122 at y...> wrote:
> Does anyone have details of what remains on the towers of the
redundant
> churches of Holy Trinity, Blackburn, and the Temple church,
Bristol? The
> rings of 8 have been transferred from both, and I wondered what in
the way
> of framework remained in the tower - I believe that the Bristol
tower, at
> least, still has its frame - what type is it? I've looked around
the ruins
> of the church on several occasions, but the tower has always been
securely
> locked, and on the one occasion I wrote to English Heritage (who
own it), I
> received no reply.
>
> David

I was led to believe that a composite frame was installed at Holy
Trinity and it was left in place when the bells were transferred to
S.Silas,Blackburn(the single bell and cast iron framesides from
S.Silas were scrapped about the same time as the Taylor eight(ex Holy
Trinity) were installed there-they were hung at S.Silas in 1984 and
are in a ten bell frame).
I shall probably be seeing a few of the people involved with the
removal of the Holy Trinity bells at the next Branch meeting(4th May)
and will endevour to confirm that the frame is still there.
Alan