[Bell Historians] Cathedrals and bells

Michael Wilby michael_wilby at y...
Mon Aug 12 00:44:18 BST 2002

> If the York Minster ringers are happy that
> visitors to the Cathedral site
> who want to know about the bells of which they have
> heard so much will go to
> Links and from
> > there to Church Links and then scroll through
> many other Links until they
> eventually find the York Minster Bellringers Society
> then good luck to them.
>
> we have our own website - if people search for bells
> and York they will find
> it. And besides, it isn't up to us to tell the
> Minster how to design their
> own website - if every department wanted their input
> to its design it would
> cause chaos!

I appreciate the sentiments, but the criticism may be
a little harsh. Ideally I don't suppose anyone would
be happy that their site/interest was buried on
another site, however keepers of websites seem to be a
funny, and broad breed. For instance, there are
plenty of "webmasters" out there who don't follow the
golden rule of presenting the right information in no
more than 3 clicks from the starting page. The
problem is that we are all guilty of this kind of
thing in some way or another, and few of us can be
told either...

=====