[Bell Historians] Cathedrals and bells

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Wed Aug 14 13:06:34 BST 2002

charset="US-ASCII"

From: Andrew Aspland [mailto:aaspland at y...]

> What I appreciate is when there are histories of the bells, or just a
sheet of details, available for sale in the ringing chamber.
> Whitehaven had a postcard printed with the details of the bells (when they
were a ten). That doesn't need the cooperation of a
> bookshop manager!

Painwick have a leaflet too, and Hull. I wrote a booklet on the bells at
Taunton and had them in the ringing chamber and on the church book stall.
Must have sold about 100 copies in two or three years. I don't know whether
they still sell it, but quite likely not. Nobody else was interested in the
bells, so when they ran out I would go to the parish office, get the master
copy out of the filing cabinet and photocopy and staple another pile of
them. I doubt if anyone else will bother!