[Bell Historians] Bells with extremes of size and weight

Mike Chester mike at m...
Mon Dec 2 13:45:09 GMT 2002

 > Claybrooke - as Clarry says - is remarkable as much for its
quality of sound as for its note in relation to size.

Last time I rang a peal there I ended up ringing all the bells up one-
by-one. I did not think that individually they were great, but put
them all together and they become a really good ring. I'm sure that
there must be a reason why this is the case, I just don't know it!

Mike

PS Claybrooke are available for a peal monthly and are well worth the
effort to go there.