Ewerby

Bill Hibbert bill at h...
Tue Dec 3 06:28:07 GMT 2002

Andrew Higson tells me that the front six at Ewerby pre-date the
treble at Merthyr Tydfil. They are on my list of 'must records'.

With these Taylor bells of 1895/6 it's not enough to give the year,
you have to know the casting and tuning date as well. Things were
changing very fast!

By the way, when I looked them up in JK's excellent book I saw there
was no mention of the extraordinary fascination of their date. What
date (and by that I mean day and month as well as year!) are Norton?

Bill H