[Bell Historians] Re: St Mary Woolnoth

Andrew Aspland aaspland at y...
Tue Dec 3 17:56:07 GMT 2002

> The bells already swing at louvre height and
must be pretty loud outside, although I haven't heard them.

They are fairly loud but of course the little bell is pretty weak. They
sound well as you emerge from the Underground (is it Bank) where the sound
rattles round the passages to the ticket hall.
Regarding augmentation - I recall that one of the bells swings across this
extremely oblong tower and just fits between the opposite louvres but
longways there seemed to be much more space and there was plenty of height
both above and below the bells. Go on let's see a new City peal.

Andrew