[Bell Historians] Re: Liverpool Municipal Buildings

jimhedgcock <jameshedgcock@h...> jameshedgcock at h...
Sun Dec 15 21:20:13 GMT 2002

At one time there was a plan to put a ring of ten in this tower.
Graham Austin advised the City Council that the cost would be less
than the cost of two buses. I think it was Derek Hatton who
scuppered the project. He had been taught to ring at Childwall? by
Mike Dodd? and had been booted out for being too bolshy.I rang there
once and remember them being in their original fittings. We rang
Grandsire Doubles with the hour bell 'clocked in'.--- In