[Bell Historians] Day of Eye, Suffolk

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford at t...
Tue Dec 17 07:35:42 GMT 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

Very briefly, Day went out of business in about 1930 and Alfred Bowell of I=
pswich finished off Day's last job at Downham Market. There's certainly no=
Day material in the Bowell archives (which I have recently listed). There=
is a Day testimonial book which gives details of a lot of the firm's work,=
but it only goes up to 1908 (and Brailsford isn't mentioned in the index)

CP
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Chris Booth=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 8:00 PM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Day of Eye, Suffolk

Hi All,

Assistance please!

My local tower bells (All Saints, Brailsford, Derbyshire) were rehung (an=
d maybe retuned?) reputedly by George Day, of Eye Suffolk in about 1913. I =
am trying to find out what work was actually undertaken at this time. Now, =
while I have found assorted references to Day in terms of bells he had hung=
/rehung, I can't find anything about the company.

Does anyone know when the company folded or was taken over? It is possibl=
e that a company that tokk them over might have retained the earlier record=
s and I would like to contact them.

Thanks in anticipation,

Chris Booth
(in damp and cold Brailsford)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20