[Bell Historians] hi!

Mr J Greenhough j.greenhough at w...
Tue Feb 12 09:29:30 GMT 2002

The trebles do indeed have flange tops and the frame is 3-tier but I can't
remember which bells are where. It's something like 8,9,11,12 on the
bottom (foundations level with bottom of louvres!), 5,6,6b,7,10 in the
middle. There's also one of the old Rudhall bells - disused - from before
the 1830 recast, which was given to St.James, Oldham (later had the
Gillett chime of 10 now at Fen Ditton) and then to St.Peter's before
finally returning to St.Mary's.
If it weren't for the long history of ringing it would
seem risky, a bit like Baldersby!