[Bell Historians] Bow Bells Time Signal, etc

Michael Wilby michael_wilby at y...
Wed Feb 13 21:22:37 GMT 2002

I'm pretty sure it was the pre-Gillett ring. I've
> never heard one of the Gillett ring (well - 8 of
> them were anyway), but I believe one exists, and
> they are reckoned to have been superb. Quite
> believable, even taking into account the fact that
> bells get better and better in folklore in the years
> following their disappearance.

My "lost" tape had a recording of them - and they were
every bit as good as their reputation. The politics
around the 1933 restoration are particularly
interesting, as detailed in a RW article some years
ago.

Michael.

=====