[Bell Historians] Surfleet

john.ketteringham john.ketteringham at n...
Mon Feb 25 09:48:32 GMT 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

Did you get a recording?!!

>From John R. Ketteringham of Lovely Lincoln in Lincolnshire, England

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.ketteringham/
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Michael Wilby=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 8:59 AM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Surfleet

Went to Surfleet for a peal on Saturday (unfortunately miss-called) - not=
rung there for several years, and had forgotten what a fine sounding instr=
ument they are, despite being a little flighty round the front. Ken Hesket=
h did a good job with the internal acoustics.

I had a crawl round the frame afterwards - quite a tight installation. T=
wo-tiers with 1,2,4,6 on top - H-frame below, low-sided above - and got so=
me photos of the bells which will be added to the Rings of 12 site shortly.=
The trebles would appear to be lost-wax castings; the front six have bar =
headstocks (except the 3rd, which looks like it got a conventional replacem=
ent when the bells were rehung by Taylors in 1983). The two trebles have f=
lange tops.

As a result of our "ring" there, it has been propsed to hold the 2003 fin=
al of the 12-bell contest at Surfleet - should make for an enjoyable day.

Michael.

Get personalised at My Yahoo!.=20
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20