What is the best way to make digital sound recordings?

fartwell2000 fartwell2000 at y...
Tue Feb 26 16:56:50 GMT 2002

I would be interested if someone could enlighten me as to what is "a
good piece of kit" to make bell recordings,and how much it costs for
such equipment,and any other recomendations on making decent
recordings.
I used to use a reel to reel tape recorder years ago,then moved onto
cassette recordings,but due to the nature of analogue tape,most no
longer exist,and those tapes that do exist have "softend up" with age
and cannot be heard as I intended them to be heard.
All advice appreciated.
Regards
Alan