[Bell Historians] Re: Hastings Stays

Michael Wilby michael_wilby at y...
Thu Feb 28 09:29:56 GMT 2002

I believe the new ten at St Thomas' Oxford were installed with Hastings stays - is this correct?
MPAW.
David Bryant <djb122 at y...> wrote: Alan said:> Does anyone know when it was last used? Not soon enough!! I think it was used as standard until some time in the mid to late 1950s, and thereafter became optional until the late 1960s, when it disappeared, although I think that for a while as it was being phased out ordinary stays were more expensive. Taylor's will still supply them to order, such as to match existing installations, although I think that the dingler assemblies are pretty expensive. David
Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT