[Bell Historians] Re: [r-c] Wrangle

john ketteringham john.ketteringham at n...
Tue Jul 2 08:35:02 BST 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

The Wrangle bell frame was made by William Howden and Son of Boston. See
Lincolnshire Bells and Bell founders page 298.
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Pickford [mailto:c.j.pickford at t...]
Sent: 02 July 2002 08:06
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Re: [r-c] Wrangle

This is correct. The one-time existence of this frame has come to light
since the rediscovery of the Liverpool frame. There was also a frame with
some cast iron trusses at Bretforton in Worcestershire, dating from 1823. We
don't know all that much about either of these frames, as both have now gone

The Liverpool frame may not be the earliest ever made, but it's quality of
designstill makes it quite remarkable - very cleverly engineered and
constructed

Chris P