Re (2): [Bell Historians] Re: Thin Bells

Andrew Aspland aaspland at y...
Wed Jul 10 16:38:54 BST 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

I think it is a bit strong to claim that Escrick are in B - a pitch pipe
comparison suggests they are flat of C but no one present at the time would
have chosen B as the closest note!
Andrew
And finally, does anyone have the pitch of the Escrick (ex Birmingham)
bells prior to and after tuning. I'm told that they were already a flat C,
they're now in B, but I'm not sure exactly where relative to B - I hardly
ever ring there and haven't been there for almost a year now.