St John the Divine, Leicester

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Mon Jul 29 17:10:07 BST 2002

I enjoyed an impromptu tour with DLC of the towers of the former Leicester
rings the other weekend, and can confirm to DJB that the above tower is
still standing. While it is true that the bells are now in Peterborough
Cathedral, it has to be lamented that the opportunity to put them into St
John's College, Cambridge was never realised.

"Not only did we get St Nick's bells chiming this weekend, we also got our
new Football stadium opened by none other than Leicester's own Gary
Lineker."

What a shame I missed that. It would have been worth hanging around for.
So when were St Nick's last rung? During my Granny's time?

DrL

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.