[Bell Historians] re:Southampton bell foundry

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Thu Jun 6 16:40:27 BST 2002

> Andrew Russel wrote:

> but there are a few by 'RB' and 'Anthony Bond' whose foundries are not
> known it seems, and there is a John Higden who moved around as well.

I've seen a good article on Anthony Bond. I'll see if I can find it. His
output was not high, suggesting that he had another occupation in
addition to bellfounding, and it seems likely that he was itinerant. He
cast mostly odd bells. I think his only complete ring was the four
(later augmented to five by another founder) at St Lawrence, Winchester.
Of Bond's four, one remains in the tower, one is at Winchester Cathedral
and two at Upper Clatford.