[Bell Historians] Re: Thin Bells

John Paul Adams J.Adams at u...
Thu Jun 27 13:08:46 BST 2002

David B:

>> > CAN ANYONE HELP?
>> >
>> > A crude search on Dove shows nothing for Wiltshire of this type. The
>> > lightest bell in E I could find was the tenor of the 4 at Laneham,
>> > Notts, weighing in at 10-3-4
>>
>> I did the same and can't find it - perhaps it's in a nearby county. The
>> annoying thing is that I know I've seen it!

I think someone said Broad Hinton, but in the latest Dove update, it has
gone from being in E to being in G. Some change!

Are the notes in Dove all standardised? Isn't there something different
between old pitches and new pitches? Maybe something for Nigel Taylor to
write about, he done well with his last letter to the RW. Is Bill H still
here to give an explanation?

John

--
John Paul Adams, Medical School IT Support Section,
University College London, London, WC1E 6BT.