[Bell Historians] Possible website project

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford at t...
Sun Mar 10 09:10:42 GMT 2002

I rather agree will Bill on most of this - past issues of the RW as a real
mine of useful information, loyalty to the paper, the permanence of the
printed word, but also the ability to publish in greater detail on the web.

The present RW guidelines are a bit restrictive, but the Editor does seem to
be willing to break his own rules for interesting material. We need to keep
submitting material - recognising that it may take time to appear, and
avoiding sending precious things that might get lost! The declining
subscription base is a problem, and I hope that most of us will continue to
support the RW by subscribing and by contributing material to attract and
interest readers.

I'm not a great web-watcher, and I don't spend much time crawling round
sites to see what's new - though I look at stuff if someone tells me about
it and if I'm interested. I therefore hope that if a site does get set up,
then it will include a system for notifying afficionados when new articles
get published.

CP