Recordings

oakcroft13 bill at h...
Tue Mar 19 12:00:59 GMT 2002

>From Lovely Lincoln:

> Don't forget to let me have two or three sets of
> rounds Bill

Good reminder, I have recorded quite a few peals since I last gave
you an update. Must get them posted on the web for you.

By the way, thinking of bell history and Lincoln: A notable ringer
and conductor from East Cheshire, my stamping ground as a youth, was
John Worth. He was a plumber from Broken Cross just outside
Macclesfield. Among many other things I think he called the 21,600 of
Bristol at Over in 1950.

Anyway, I believe that he died while climbing Steep Hill in Lincoln
on the way to the Minster to ring a peal.

Bill H