[Bell Historians] Recordings

john ketteringham john.ketteringham at n...
Tue Mar 19 12:15:58 GMT 2002

Yes I remember that rather sad occasion but I suppose it is the best way to
go

-----Original Message-----
From: oakcroft13 [mailto:bill at h...]
Sent: 19 March 2002 12:01
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Recordings

>From Lovely Lincoln:

> Don't forget to let me have two or three sets of
> rounds Bill

Good reminder, I have recorded quite a few peals since I last gave
you an update. Must get them posted on the web for you.

By the way, thinking of bell history and Lincoln: A notable ringer
and conductor from East Cheshire, my stamping ground as a youth, was
John Worth. He was a plumber from Broken Cross just outside
Macclesfield. Among many other things I think he called the 21,600 of
Bristol at Over in 1950.

Anyway, I believe that he died while climbing Steep Hill in Lincoln
on the way to the Minster to ring a peal.

Bill H

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To
unsubscribe from the list send an email to
bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com