[Bell Historians] David Potter's latest project

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Sun Mar 24 20:08:05 GMT 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

Thanks. I'll pass the information on to DP.

David
----- Original Message -----=20
From: P. W. Gay=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] David Potter's latest project

I was interested to read that David Potter is planning to take a mobile
chime to country house weddings.
When we were planning the Lichfield Diocesan Mobile Belfry we made enquir=
ies
about the possibility of doing this, and discovered (from the superintend=
ent
registrar for Staffordshire) that it is not allowed. Weddings which take
place other than in churches are not allowed to make use of any of the
trappings of a church wedding - no bells, no organ music.
The mobile belfry has been used for several weddings at churches with no
bells, or bells which are out of action. This included a wedding at
Whitchurch, Shropshire last August, and there was some speculation about
which tower suffered more movement when the bells were rung.

Phil Gay
Keele=20

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20