Towers Missing From Dove/TowerBase

mikechester_uk mike at m...
Thu Mar 28 10:36:12 GMT 2002

The attachments weren't! There was a list at the end of your message.
I cannot tell which list is which. Those tower that I know something
with certainty about are:

> Ansty, Warw, S James, 4, 4¾cwt in D. Unringable. SP400837

Correct - in place and unringable

> Ashow, Warw, Assumption of Our Lady, 4, 6cwt in B. Unringable.
SP312702

Correct - though may soon be ringable

> Cambridge, NI, New Zealand, S Andrew, 6, 12¼cwt. Steel bells;
unringable; tower unsafe.

Correct - article in RW last year

> Corbridge on Tyne, Nhmbld, S Andrew, 6, 6-2-23 in Bflat.
Unringable. NY988644

Correct - a saxon tower without much in the way of foundations - Bell
installation in itself is in a ringable condition

> Exeter, ON, Canada, Trivitt Memorial Church, 6, 16-0-22 in F. Sat
13.00

These are really hung Veronese style but can be rung for changes, are
the largest(?) bells in a bigger chime

> Frankton, Warw, S Nicholas, 4, 8cwt in Aflat. Unringable. SP423701

Correct

> Long Itchington, Warw, Holy Trinity, 4, 8½cwt in A. Unringable.
SP412651

Correct
> Weston under Wetherley, Warw, S Michael, 4, 8cwt in A. Unringable.
SP360692

Correct