In Defence Of Dove

Nick Bowden nickwbowden at f...
Fri Mar 29 00:31:44 GMT 2002

>From the comments I've heard about the 9th edition it is a pity that the
high level of accuracy in the alphabetical listing is somewhat overlooked,
because of the changes in presentation and detail, the reduced appendices
and the errors in the county lists. Many people seem to have forgotten (or
never noticed) that the 8th edition has typing errors on almost every page.

Several of the questions raised are actually answered in the preface to the
9th edition and of the others I gather that the chimes may be restored,
possibly including the mode of operation and the lost/transferred rings may
also reappear.

Nick