[Bell Historians] Re: Mears and Stainbank

s.ivin at n... s.ivin at n...
Mon May 13 12:29:42 BST 2002

Can't remember much about the sound of Chew Magna, but I seem to remember
that there are convincing signs (bolt holes, etc) in the grillage of the back
six to indicate that the frame was originally meant to have Nos. 3 to 6
swinging at right-angles to the tenors, whereas the current setup has all
six swinging the same way. I think the trebles are above, but cannot remember
which way they swing. Anyone have more details?

SI