[Bell Historians] Inscription Bands

D Cawley dave at d...
Tue Nov 19 23:33:07 GMT 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

I did ring on the nine - in the presence of Denis!

The resulting noise left one in no doubt as to why he preferred not to!

DLC
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Mike Chester=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: 18 November 2002 12:03
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Inscription Bands

If my memory serves me right there is/are inscription band(s) at=20
Chester-le-Street in the ringing room. One of the old bells is hung=20
as a service bell, full circle, but when I lived in the area there=20
was no way Denis Bayles would let you ring the 9!

The lion's head cannons from Kingsbury, Warks, are now table edge=20
decoration with the top of one other bell kept in the ringing room.

Mike

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20