Bearings

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Sun Nov 24 22:29:37 GMT 2002

What do people think of the article on bearings in this week's RW - I
thought Roller bearings were first used by Moore Holmes and Mackenzie, but
they aren't mentioned in the article. I find the suggestion that all old
plain bearings should be kept rather ridiculous. Yes, keep one as an
example, but I'm sure most churches can do without having a whole set of
worn out bearings lying around!

Incidentally, has anyone got the book reviewed in the RW - the one listing
chimes and rings of less than four? The review seems rather scathing - what
do others think of it?