[Bell Historians] RE: Ring of three

George Dawson George at d...
Mon Nov 25 07:57:41 GMT 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

See RW 3/5/96 p476. Taylor bells.
GAD
----- Original Message -----=20
From: JohnBaldwin=20
To: George Powell=20
Cc: Bellhistorians at Yahoogroups. Com=20
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 4:51 PM
Subject: [Bell Historians] RE: Ring of three

Thank you so much for this detail. We'll add it to the list of three-bel=
l towers in Dove's Guide at the next upload (in the next 14 days or so), se=
e:

www.cccbr.org.uk/dove

Can you please be more exact about the tenor weight - is it 5-0-0 (ie, 56=
0lb), or is this 'weight' an approximation that someone knowledgeable has m=
ade, estimating from its diameter and strike note? Some further details ab=
out founder(s) of the three bells would be of interest, I know, to certain =
British ringers - so I'd encourage you to get bell info included on the web=
site. We'll put a URL across to the church anyway, and people will, I am c=
onfident visit it (electronically) to see about the ring. Stand by to expe=
ct some visitors (physically, as well) ..... !

Kind regards.
John Baldwin=20
(029) 2055 4457=20