[Bell Historians] More on steel bells

George Dawson George at d...
Sun Oct 6 13:15:22 BST 2002

Funnily enough I missed most of the chat on steel bells because I was on the
Continent. Owing to an ill advised comment before going I found myself on a
conducted tour of churches & towers south of Berlin, and having my minidisc
recorder with me I did a few recordings. At Mittelwalde there are a steel 4
of 1958, typical continental shape with 'proper' soundbows (not NV style) &
they are quite fair. There were no tuning marks inside. When I've done a
tonal analysis I'll post it out to anyone interested.

GAD