[Bell Historians] More on steel bells

john ketteringham john.ketteringham at n...
Sun Oct 6 15:16:33 BST 2002

charset="US-ASCII"

If you have anything suitable for the Bell Recordings web site please send
me clips.

>From : John Ketteringham of Lovely Lincoln in Lincolnshire, England

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.ketteringham/

-----Original Message-----
From: George Dawson [mailto:George at d...]
Sent: 06 October 2002 13:15
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] More on steel bells

Funnily enough I missed most of the chat on steel bells because I was on
the
Continent. Owing to an ill advised comment before going I found myself on
conducted tour of churches & towers south of Berlin, and having my
minidisc
recorder with me I did a few recordings. At Mittelwalde there are a steel
4
of 1958, typical continental shape with 'proper' soundbows (not NV style)
&
they are quite fair. There were no tuning marks inside. When I've done a
tonal analysis I'll post it out to anyone interested.

GAD

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To
unsubscribe from the list send an email to
bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com