Boxes

mikechester_uk mike at m...
Thu Sep 5 22:24:19 BST 2002

> The most unusual box award must surely go to Corley - not being a
> particularly svelte individual I rang from the pulpit (can't
remember
> which one now!

Corley is about 2/3 miles from where I live. I can confirm, without
any hesitation, that it only has one pulpit!

Mike

PS I assume you mean a bell, probably the 2nd. I've the unique
record of circling this tower to both peals and quarters. No-one
else is stupid enough! They are an awful ring! I am pleased that I
rang the 2nd to a peal when it was decorated for Christmas and not
once did I smack my head off the pulpit! I hope to record the bells
at some point and then to place their unique sound on the web. 1ish,
2ish, 3ish, 4ish, bash is a fair approximation!