[Bell Historians] Broadcast Service

Mike Chester mike at m...
Wed Sep 11 10:50:09 BST 2002

--- In bellhistorians at y..., "LOVE, Dickon" <DrLove at s...> wrote:
> Stroboscope Boy:
> > There cannot be many original Wightman bells hung for full circle
ringing.

A quick internet search reveals;

7, 8, 11 & 12 at St Albans are Philip Wightman 1699 - though what may
happen to these in the future I'm not sure

St Giles, Holborn has Wightman bells, the 7 & 8, cast by William and
Philip, 1685

Great Chishill, Cambs, 4 out of 5 bells cast by William and Philip

St James Garlickhite, London 1700 Bell cast by Philip Wightman for St
Michael, Queenhithe. 1875 St Michael, Queenhithe was demolished, and
its bell given to St James'. Now tenor of 3, though for swing chiming
(from C B of L)

In 1873 All Hallows Tottenham had 6 bells by Philip Wightman cast in
1696. How many remain in the current octave I have no idea.

Mike